Tuesday 2 June 2015

Always The Bridesmaid by Lindsey Kelk

Image 

I found Lindsey Kelk's books last year, and I can't tell you how much I love each of them, especially the I Heart series, however, from the word go I thought that this surpassed the I Heart series on so many levels and in my opinion, Always The Bridesmaid id Lindsey's best book to date. 

Meet Maddie Fraser, she hates her job, works all the hours God sends and the love of her life has just left her to have a baby with someone else. When her two best friends simutaniously tell Maddie that they are getting married and divorced respectively, Maddie is torn between organising Lauren's wedding, for free, and helping Sarah to get through her divorce. It seems that Maddie is more involved in their love lives than she is in her own. So when she meets Will at a wedding she is working at and he seems to fall head over heels for her, and she is offered a promotion at work, she thinks that she is the luckiest girl in the world, but Maddie soon realises that things are too good to be true. 

I loved everything about this book, the cover is very eyecatchind with vibrabt colours and the story is perfect for reading on the beach or snuggled up on the sofa with a bar of chocolate on a rainy weekend. The humour in this book is excellently written and had me laughing out loud on so many occasions. The characters are also extremely loveable! I didn't think I could like a character more than Angela and Jenny from the I Heart series, but in my opinion, Maddie is Lindsey's best character yet. The only thing I didn't like about this book was that it ended, because Maddie is a character I could have kept reading and reading about. My finger's are firmly crossed in the hopes that maybe some day there will be a sequel to this brilliant book, so I can have some more time with one of the est fictional characters I have ever met!  

5/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Kelly's Book Corner Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang