Thursday 30 April 2015

The Affair by Gill Paul

The Affair by Gill Paul 

Image 

This book is set in Rome at the filming of 'Cleopatra' in 1961. Diana Bailey is asked to go to Rome to help with the historical side of filming the famous Elizabeth Taylor movie. She leaves her husband and goes to the film set in Rome. The story follows Diana and her time in Rome during the Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton era.  

The story is beautifully written and flows very nicely. It keeps a nice steady pace throughout the book and I found that once I picked it up I got immersed in the story and couldn't put the book down. I read this book in just less than twenty-four hours and I loved every page. I did find that the ending was quite abrupt, but all in all it was a very enjoyable read. 

Historical fiction is a relatively new genre to me, and this book has made me fall in love with the genre even more. I can't wait to read more books by this wonderful author. Gill Paul has opened my eyes to some great story telling 

4/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Kelly's Book Corner Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang