Friday 11 March 2016

Hunt for the Enemy by Rob Sinclair


I would like to thank the author for my copy of this book in return for an honest review.

The Blurb:
They've erased his past. Wiped out his very existence. But Carl Logan isn't finished yet. On the run in a harsh Russian winter, Logan - once an invaluable asset but now branded a traitor - has been framed for murder. His own firm, the secretive Joint Intelligence Agency, have labeled him a rogue operative after two decades of loyal service. The agency is hunting him down... and they're not the only ones. But there's much more at stake than just Logan's life. One by one, agents and informants from all sides, all allegiances, are dying. And Carl Logan is the only man who can put a stop to it, once and for all.

This is the last book in the Enemy series and even though I hadn't read any of the previous books in this series, I found myself immersed in the story from the very beginning.  Like with all series' it is best of you read all of the instalments but it was not necessary in order to enjoy this book.

As this book switched between time periods, it is a little bit confusing at first, I found I had to keep flicking back to see where that particular part of the story was set, but after the first ten percent, I got used to way the book was written and I found that I was able to understand what was happening more and more, as the book went on.

This is not my usual kind of book, but I have to admit that I really did like it.  It took me a while to get around to reading it, but once I started I wasn't able to put it down for a minute and I ended up reading it in just a few short hours.  

The character of Carl Logan was very well written and I loved that he was written in a way that made him feel like a real person.  As I have not read the first two books in the series YET, I don't know what way he was written in the previous two book, but I am dying to find out.  

Hunt for the Enemy has so many twists and turns that at times I had to take a few minutes to process what had happened in the book.  The suspence had me on the edge of my seat throughout.  This genre isn't one that I read much of, and I didn't know what to expect from the book.  I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

I am very much looking forward to going back and reading the first two instalments.

4/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Kelly's Book Corner Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang