Monday 13 June 2016

How To Find Your (First) Husband by Rosie Blake


I would like to thank Corvus for my copy of this book in return for an honest review.

When Isobel Graves moves to LA to make it as a big time actress, she didn't expect to be handing out fliers dressed as a Giant Prawn, promoting a fish market.  Instead of living the glamorous life that she thought she'd be living, she spends her evenings in front of the TV watching boxsets and spending time with her boyfriend, who is probably to worst boyfriend in the world.  Isobel can't help but think that her life is going downhill fast. The only thing that keeps her going is the thought of her childhood crush, Andrew, who she married in the school playground when she was a child.  When she spots Andrew in the background of a news programme at home in England, Isobel decides that if she can track him down, her life would take a turn for the better.  This adventure takes Isobel from Sunny LA, back home to Devon and then to a remote Malaysian Island, in the search for Andrew and true love.

Rosie Blake is one of the greats when it comes to writing women's fiction. She has a way of telling a story that no other author can master quite as well.  Just like Rosie's previous books, How To Find Your (First) Husband is a laugh out loud tale about love and friendship, that sucks you in at chapter one, takes you through many twists and turns and spits you out when it's all over.  I found it absolutely impossible to put this book down and I refused to go to sleep until I had read it in full.

The characters in this novel became friends to me. I loved all of the characters, but Isobel is a the perfect leading lady in this book.  She added fun and humour to the story.  This book is a laugh a minute and I adore this about it.  It is the perfect summer read and I love that it is light hearted and doesn't take itself too seriously.  

How To Find Your First Husband is witty and entertaining from beginning to end. Full of great one liners that had me in stitches.  Rosie Blake transported me to the sunny remote Island in Malaysia, and described is so vividly, it made me want to pack my bags and set off there.

This is another dazzling read for Rosie Blake and I can't recommend this book enough.

4 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Kelly's Book Corner Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang